All payments for group land tours in 2022 and beyond are fully transferrable up to 60 days prior to your tour’s departure date.
- A deposit of US$/C$500 per person is due upon registration for your land tour.
- A further deposit of US$/C$1,000 per person is due at six months prior to your tour’s departure date.
- Your tour balance is due at 60 days prior to your tour’s departure date.
- Because we charter small ships exclusively for our group, our ship-based tours have specific booking, transfer, and cancellation conditions. These are outlined on the Detailed Itinerary for each tour.
- As Private Journey arrangements are made especially for you, all payments for Private Journeys are non-refundable. Credits for postponed trips to the same destination may be issued in special circumstances.
You may transfer without any fee or penalty from any of our land tours at any time if your tour is not ‘Tour Ready’.
Our tours will proceed when all the following four-point Tour Ready criteria are met:
- The Canadian government does not have an ‘Avoid All Travel’ advisory to the country or region within a country for any part of the tour.
- No region of the tour has any significant COVID-19 related restrictions.
- There is reliable airline access for arrival and departure.
- Worldwide Quest and our in-country partners are confident that your trip can operate safely and enjoyably.
Worldwide Quest has been awarded the #SafeTravels Stamp by @WTTC for adopting health and hygiene global standardized protocols.
What if my destination country is clear to travel to, but then has an outbreak of COVID-19 or brings in a mandatory quarantine for Canadian visitors within the 60 days prior to travel period?
If the destination country fails to meet our four-point criteria for two consecutive weeks within the 60 days prior to departure or at any time within two weeks of departure, you can transfer 100% of your group land tour payments to any other group tour within two years of your departure date without penalty.
What if the Canadian government issues an ‘Avoid all Travel’ advisory within 60 days of my tour?
If this advisory is in place for two consecutive weeks prior to your tour or within two weeks of your group land tour date, our four-point criteria is not met. You can transfer 100% of your payments to any other group tour within two years of your departure date without penalty. Note that this applies ONLY to a travel advisory due to COVID-19. If the travel advisory is for any other reason (weather, political action etc…), our usual terms and conditions apply. Note that cancellation and insurance policies cover travel advisories of this nature. For this reason, we urge you to ensure that you have appropriate coverage in place.
I don’t live in Canada. What if my government’s travel advisory is different to the Canadian government’s?
Worldwide Quest is based in Toronto, Canada, so we are subject to the Canadian government’s travel advisories. For travellers based in other countries, we ask you to review your travel status at 60 days prior to travel when your final balance is due. If you wish to transfer your group land tour deposit at that time, you may do so without penalty.
What if a mandatory quarantine is put into place on return from my trip?
Worldwide Quest will not cancel a tour if there is a mandatory quarantine upon your return, as we know that most travellers are comfortable self-isolating at home.
What if my tour meets Worldwide Quest’s criteria for proceeding, but I still want to cancel?
We have established comprehensive criteria for our tours’ viability. While some minor changes to the itinerary may be necessary to ensure the tour’s safety, we will ensure that the tour activities and experiences are not compromised. Therefore, if our tour is proceeding, our standard terms and conditions apply.
Does my travel insurance cover Coronavirus?
This will depend on the wording of your individual travel policy. Policies issued after March 15 2020 have specific clauses regarding COVID-19. Some policies will cover your medical expenses should you contract COVID-19 while travelling but will not cover your cancellation costs should you contract the virus prior to departure. We urge you to verify all details of your coverage.
Many policies offer ‘cancel for any reason’ (CFAR) coverage which provides enhanced protection for cancellation.
Please note that Medical Insurance is mandatory for all our tours. We strongly urge you to ensure that you have Cancellation and Interruption Insurance in place should an unexpected event force you to cancel your travel arrangements. While we are all justly focused on the impact of COVID-19, we must also remember that unexpected events such as breaking a leg or the illness of a family member may occur and may prevent you for travelling or require that you return home during your tour.