- Brew your coffee a little stronger than usual and let cool
- Prepare a simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a pot over a stove top, bring to a boil and simmer until syrupy (about 10 mins.)
- Combine the coffee and syrup, (add a dash of vanilla essence for a flavour kick) and pulse on high until light brown and very foamy
- Transfer to a frost-resistant container and place in the freezer for 1 hour
- Remove from the freezer and stir with a fork to break up any lumps and replace in the freezer
- Repeat this 2 time to get a creamy, semi-frozen ‘granita di caffè’
- Take a seat in your backyard, sip your granita, and dream about your next trip to Sicilia!
You can be sure we’ll be indulging in a granita di caffè as we explore Sicily: The Key to Italy this fall!