- The Netherlands is the healthiest country in the world, ranking 1st above France and Switzerland
- The city of Amsterdam is built entirely on wooden poles
- The Dutch love licorice and have over 80 different kinds!
- The Delta Works are considered the Eight Wonder of the World and are the reason why the Netherlands aren’t under water
- The people of the Netherlands are the tallest in the world
Despite its small size, the Netherlands is a step above when it comes to urban life and culture. Whether it is riding along the 35,000km of dedicated bicycle paths across the country or walking through the busy streets of Amsterdam, there will always be something new to see. With classical art at the Mauritshuis and the Van Gogh Museum; modernity at the Stedelijk Museum; and UNESCO-listed canals and bridges, Amsterdam holds adventure, discovery and beauty around every corner. While art and history buffs quench their academic hunger, there is no shortage of opportunities for food lovers to also experience the incredible variety of traditional foods and 5-star restaurants which the Netherlands has to offer. Outside the capital city you will have the opportunity to experience the incredible architecture of Rotterdam, the majesty of The Hague and picturesque beauty of the village of Marken. With such a vibrant culture, rich history and an egalitarian attitude, it is easy to see why the Netherlands is one of the most exciting and sought-after destinations in Northwestern Europe.
- Tasting a freshly made Stroopwafel from a street market
- Exploring the beautiful Keukenhof, also known as the ‘Garden of Europe’