- The best view of Paris isn't from the Eiffel Tower; it's actually from the Arc de Triomphe!
- While wine is often free with most meals, beer is considered a luxury drink saved for special occasions
- Prior to Versailles, French Kings called the Louvre home
- There are over 300 kinds of cheese made in France
- There are about 2 new cooking books published every day in France
A storied past has produced a rich cultural heritage in one of Europe’s most beautiful nations. UNESCO has designated 27 World Heritage sites here, among them some of the world’s best known monuments and architectural wonders. Paris alone commands a trip unto itself; its world-renowned art museums the Louvre and Orsay can be visited multiple times and so often are. Foodies will be overwhelmed by the wide selection of culinary treasures. History buffs can relive the uprisings of the French Revolution and marvel at the iconic Arc de Triomphe, or be dazzled by the visual splendor and literary fame of the Notre Dame de Paris. Beyond the borders of Paris are lush vineyards, quaint villages, expansive fields of lavender and the warm beaches of the Mediterranean. Standing on the beaches of Normandy in the northwest is a uniquely humbling experience. Butterflies patrol the glamourous gardens, while the resplendent European Bee-eater delights casual and keen birders alike. It’s no wonder that France is one of the planet’s premier destinations for travellers.
- Living the life of La Belle Epoque
- Profoundly standing on the shores of the beaches of Normandy
Van Gogh: In the Footsteps of the ArtistMay 12-22, 2019 (11 days)
France with the Womens Travel NetworkJun 07-18, 2019 (12 days)