In the meantime, practice your baking with this recipe for Fogo Island Partridgeberry scones from the Fogo Island Inn:
Makes approximately: 8 scones
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp white sugar
1/3 cup butter
½ cup buttermilk
¼ cup partridgeberries (fresh, dried, or replaced with a berry of your choice)
1. Measure all the dry ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
2. Use a cheese grater to grate in the cold butter. Rub the butter in with your fingers to break up any large lumps.
3. Add the partridge berries and mix well.
4. Add the buttermilk and toss to coat.
5. Gently fold and press the dough as you would a biscuit, being careful not to overwork it. Press together the dough and cut into desired shape for scones.
6. Bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 375°F for 6 - 8 minutes until edges are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Enjoy still-warm from the oven, or as a daybreak treat to greet the morning!
Join us at Fogo Island Inn this fall, during Berry Season of course.
September 27 - October 3, 2019
Click here to learn more and request a detailed itinerary.