- From 'Bar-B-Q' in the South to Chicago's Deep Dish Pizza, American food is all about big, bold taste
- Alaska has a longer coastline than all of the other 49 U.S. states put together.
- New Orleans (a.k.a “The Big Easy”) is the birthplace of Jazz
- Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park are both home to the world's largest living organisms, the Giant Sequoia
- The skyscraper was invented in Chicago
From vast Arctic vistas to sub-tropical deserts and beaches, few countries span as great a diversity of landscapes. The US also features some of North America’s most energetic and creative cities. We offer very specific cultural programs here that explore unique culinary and artistic expressions in small towns and cultural meccas such as New Orleans – a vibrant literary hotbed and the famed birthplace of jazz. The dramatic canyons and mountains of the Four Corners region are highlights of an extensive national parks system that was described by writer and historian Wallace Stegner as “the best idea we ever had”. Perhaps the most impressive landscapes are found in Alaska’s unforgettable wilderness regions where long summer days illuminate carpets of alpine wildflowers, snow-covered mountain peaks and glacier-fed turquoise lakes. So close, yet so uniquely different – the US is an intriguing neighbour that you can’t help but want to visit.
- Learning about Jefferson from the curator of Charlottesville Historical Society
- Talking about sustainable food at the Farmer’s Market in San Francisco
Cool Gray City of Love: Literary San FranciscoMar 23-28, 2018 (6 days)
Quest Nature Tours
Yukon & Alaska: Land of the Midnight SunJun 18-30, 2018 (13 days)
Philadephia: Conflict and CompromiseOct 18-22, 2018 (5 days)
Quest Nature Tours
Baja California & the Sea of CortezMar 24 - Apr 04, 2019 (12 days)