Share our passion for travel through our blog. Read up on our leaders’ reports from the field, our travellers’ stories and pictures, and staff picks from trips we’re working on.
Mystery of Angkor Wat's building process solved
Solving ancient mysteries of the past with today's technology and strong old fashioned deductive reasoning help us understand the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat in northern Cambodia. The inquiring minds of Japan's Waseda University have made a rich discovery as to how massive stone blocks were transported. Angkor Wat is just one of a massive area of Wats and Temples in the are...
Expedition Chile 2012: Andy Johnson
In Andy's own words: 'I like birds. I like to find them, listen to them, watch them, photograph them, draw them and write about them.' Well with a little funding from Cornell Lab of Ornithology and an Ivy Student Expedition grant, Andy set out with colleagues on a Chile expedition and came back with remarkable footage....
Travel Discoveries. To the Distant Skies and Beyond
When you travel at night do you stare at the earth below, entranced by lights and stars? Do you try to figure out where you are? What are those lights? Where is that coastline? Are you amazed at the light show and vastness of our planet? Then you should watch this video produced by NASA captured from their International Space Station as it orbits earth. Spectacular! All Alone in the Ni...
Climate on the Rocks....
If you are engaged over the concerns of the melting Arctic ice, then you might enjoy reading this recent article in the Globe and Mail: Ice, please – climate on the rocks....
Colourful New Monkey Species Discovered!
A colourful new monkey species has been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo!...
- Bhutan’s Zhiwa Ling hotel: centuries-old traditions meet luxury in the Paro valley
- Carleton's Most Interesting Man on Campus
- Join the magic in Foley’s Shed on Fogo Island
- Magical Himalayan Kingdoms
- Notes from the Field: Justin's Scouting Trip to Borneo
- Newfoundland History 101
- See History, Live History: Two very special hotels on our Siena & Florence tour this fall
- Will you support our Justin Peter in the Great Canadian Birdathon?
- Professor Christoph Richter and the Great Whales
- A Small Penguin’s Close Encounter with a Big Leopard Seal
Quest travellers and guides with a baobob in Madagascar spiny forest
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!