There are many organizations working steadfastly towards conservation goals and that rely on our support for their continued work. Bird Studies Canada – Canada's premiere bird science and conservation organization – promotes the Great Canadian Birdathon annually as fundraising event. I’m proud to announce that our very own Justin Peter (Director of Programs of Quest Nature Tours) is participating! His team consists of fellow members of the Toronto Ornithological Club’s board of directors (Justin is Vice-President). Together they will choose one day in May and attempt to see as many different bird species as possible in the Toronto area; part of the funds pledged to the team’s efforts will be returned to the Toronto Ornithological Club in support of its local education and conservation efforts.
We at Worldwide Quest have sponsored Justin and his team. May I suggest that you consider joining us and supporting Justin too? If you’d like to do so, you can visit Justin’s team page here, then click on his name at bottom and then click the “Give Now” button on the next page. I also encourage you to consider supporting a team near you or to organize your own birdathon team. Find out how to form your own team here.
Will you support our Justin Peter in the Great Canadian Birdathon?
By: Laurielle Penny
- Top 10 Reasons I love Japan
- A Unique and Authentic Canadian Experience at Fogo Island Inn
- Festival of Birds 2017: Recap + Winner!
- Bhutan’s Zhiwa Ling hotel: centuries-old traditions meet luxury in the Paro valley
- Carleton's Most Interesting Man on Campus
- Join the magic in Foley’s Shed on Fogo Island
- Magical Himalayan Kingdoms
- Notes from the Field: Justin's Scouting Trip to Borneo
- Newfoundland History 101
- See History, Live History: Two very special hotels on our Siena & Florence tour this fall
Bornean Orangutan taken by Justin Peter in Borneo, 2016
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!